Monday, April 2, 2012

April 28 Joey's 30th

Today would have been our son's thirtieth birthday. Unfortunately, his life on this earth came to an end on March 30, 2002. We still miss him terribly but are comforted by knowing that we will be united with him again in heaven.
He loved Shakespeare so my contribution to the crime poem a day is from Hamlet.
Joe's favorite play if one can have such a thing, was King Lear. Joseph Gabriel Leotta never got to act the role of Lear but he did get to see it at the Glove in London with his sister, just a few months before the accident that took his life.
Here dear friends is a part of the poetry that is one of the soliloquies of Hamlet:

"For murder, though it have no tongue, will speak
with most miraculous organ.
I'll have these players
Play something like the murder of my father
Before mine uncle: I'll observe his looks
I'll tent him to the quick; if he but blench
I know my course. The spirit I have seen
May be the devil; and the devil hath power
To assume a pleasing shape; yea and perhaps
Out of my weakness and my melancholy,
As he is very potent with such spirits,
Abuses me to damn me; I'll have grounds
More relative than this: the play's the thing
Wherein I'll catch the conscience of the king."

No comments:

Post a Comment